Class 12 has three major streams, which further have different subjects. The syllabus for all these subjects plays a significant role in preparing for the class 12 Board Exam. Class 12 Syllabus can be downloaded from the CBSE official website. As per the syllabus and the exam dates, students need to prepare their study plan and stick to it for better results.
For better results and timely course completion, the students can also join online classes for class 12 subjects. For instance, they can join Class 12 commerce online classes from Vidya Setu. This will help them complete the entire syllabus on time with proper revisions and practices. This blog will go through the syllabus, exam patterns, preparation tips, and exam dates for CBSE class 12 subjects.
Class 12 syllabus term 2
Starting with the syllabus for Term 2, students can tap the links below and find the syllabus for Class 12 subjects.
- Business Studies
- Political Science
- Physical Education
- Information Practice
- Computer Science
- Fine Arts
Class 12 exam pattern
From 2021-22, class 12 exams have been separated into Term 1 and 2. The syllabus for both the terms is different, and the entire syllabus is divided into two equal parts for both terms. CBSE conducts the Term 1 Exam in November/December. Term one consists of the objective questions or MCQs and case-based MCQs. The total duration provided to the students to complete the paper of Term 1 is 90 minutes. They get an OMR sheet to tick the correct answers. In Term 2, students need to write the answers in subjective form.
CBSE Class 12 Term I Exam Pattern
Term 2 CBSE exam is an objective exam including MCQs and case-based MCQs for 50 marks. There will be a total of 50 questions in the question papers, and students will get an OMR sheet to tick the answer. Students will get 90 minutes to solve questions and 15 minutes to read the question paper. The exam will be conducted in the language that the students opted for. CBSE Class 12 term one exam will not have any negative markings and will be awarded one mark for each correct answer.
CBSE Class 12 Term II Exam Patterns
The term two exams for CBSE Class 12 are conducted in March/April. Students will get 2 hours to solve the questions of Term 2 that comprise both short and long answers. The full marks of one subject for Term 2 is 50, and the question types will be subjective.
CBSE Class 12 Marking Scheme
Students must secure at least 33 per cent in each theory and practical exam to pass the Class 12 Board. Along with each subject’s marks, students also need to get an aggregate of 33 per cent marks in all the subjects. If the student fails to secure the mentioned marks as per CBSE, they need to take the supplementary exams. Also, if they fail in more than two subjects, they need to repeat the class compulsorily.
Additionally, the marks considered for calculating the overall percentage will comprise the practical marks. The provision of giving grace marks is on a scale from 2 to five for one subject.
CBSE Class 12 Exam Dates
Exam dates for Class 12 exams are declared by the CBSE Board, which you can find in the official portal of CBSE. The term 1 Exam for Class 12 CBSE board students was concluded in November/December, whose results are still awaited. Apart from this, the tentative dates for the Class 12 subjects are out. As per the tentative dates by CBSE term 2, Class 12 dates will probably be conducted in April/May.
As soon as CBSE releases the date sheets for class 12 Term 2, the students can get them from the CBSE portal. Firstly, open the CBSE portal; in the notification section, you will get the link to download the Class 12 Term 2 exam dates.
Check CBSE Class 12 syllabus with exam dates, exam pattern and the most important preparation tips to score good
How to prepare for the Class 12 exam
Preparation strategy matters the most in Class 12 since this will decide your further education and career. So, to grab good marks in Class 12, students must follow up with good preparation strategies. Here are a few best ways to prepare for the Class 12 Exam.
- Know your Syllabus: Start from reading and understanding the syllabus for both the terms of your subject for Class 12. Also, classify the topics that you will cover earl and laters with allotted dates.
- Prepare a study plan: Make a study plan that will separate proper and fixed time from your day to study. This plan should be a regular one and you must follow the schedule for each day.
- Get the important Books: Do not wait for the mid sessions to collect the books and waste your time. Instead, before the beginning of the session, get the books for your respected subjects. Make sure to get NCERT books for all the subjects and then go through anyone’s best references.
- Make a plan for daily revisions: Apart from completing the course, revisions are also compulsory. Without proper revision, course competition will be a total waste. So, plan daily or weekly revisions of all the chapters that you read.
- Practice from different resources: Before a few months of the exam, start practising the questions from the previous year, and sample papers. Also, appear in numerous mock tests to evaluate your preparation.
- Self Evaluation: Self Evaluation is the most important part so whenever you give a test or mock test, check your performances and the topics that you are lagging. With every evaluation, you will get to know your improvements.
Hence, Class 12 Exams are considered and meant to be one of the decision-making exams of your life. College life starts after appearing for the Class 12 Exam, and the college you will get will depend on your Class 12 results. The reputed universities in India and foreign ask for your class 12 result and permit your admission only if you have qualified their eligibility criteria. For this, you need to prepare yourself in the best ways to go through the syllabus. Check the exam dates and accordingly plan your revisions and tests.